Sunday, November 20, 2005

Canal Boat Light Parade 20th November 2005.

Following the success of the previous canal boat parade, the organizers really went to town on this years event. Lasers and fireworks added to the colourful spectacle of the brilliantly decorated boats and thousands of people turned out to watch.
Yet again I am indebted to Second City Canal Cruises for allowing my daughter and I to ride on board the Narrow Boat Europe during the parade. Also on board was the violin virtuoso Pete Hartley who wowed the crowds with his music as we sailed past. And yet again, the real and genuine Father Christmas (all the others are lame imitations) joined us after he had parked his reindeer in New Street. Also on board were a few chosen friends of the boats owners. We did not win the prize for the best decorated boat but we were the FUN boat to be on.
Here are some photos of the event, and of the city scenery on the way to the canals.

( I would like to know the names of the various boats pictured.. I'm sorry but I was far too busy enjoying myself to worry about the important stuff... but it was a fantastic day!!)
Info please to uk.dave@gmail.com

No comments: