Monday, January 23, 2006

STROLLING AROUND THE BACK OF THE JEWELRY QUARTER.

At the request of one of the listers in Canada, I went walkabouts round parts of the Jewelry Quarter. Armed with my trusty cameras and my bus-pass, I started walking down Hockley Street, followed by Spencer Street, Kenyon Street, Caroline Street, St Paul's Square, Cox Street and Livery Street. In terms of finding my target buildings the journey was a failure.. they were either demolished or I couldn't find them, however the back-ways of Birmingham always have something of interest and so for me the journey was worthwhile. While I was there I learned that you should not expect house-numbers to be where you expect them to be, and because of this I will have to go back one day to see if some of my missing buildings may not be missing at all, just "misplaced".
These pictures were taken on 13th December 2005.

No comments: