Monday, February 06, 2006

BORDESLEY to ASTON ACHING-ANKLE TOUR 6th February 2006.

Todays walkabout started from Green Lane/Victoria Street where I got off the 17 bus from the Radleys. From there I walked along Green Lane, up Prince Albert Sreet, along Bordesley Green, a bit of Cattell Road, then Garrison Lane, Lawley Middleway, Vauxhall Road, Barrack Street, Francis Street, Nechells Parkway, Verbena Gardens, Hyssop Close, Rupert Street, Walter Street, Rocky Lane, Park Lane, Upper Sutton Street, a tiny bit of Tower Road, then back down Upper Sutton Street and Park Lane to Lichfield Road. Hence the title "Aching-Ankle", and I had shopping to do afterwards!!
There were some areas I had a particular interest in, notably the sites of Bordesley Green Methodist Church, my old house in Cattell Road, the area where the Church of St James the Lesser was (Barrack Street I think) and St Matthews Church. I was also interested in following up a request to see what was left of Tower Road. Here are the best of the photographs I took on the way.

No comments: