Sunday, April 13, 2014

Highbury Hall spring craft fayre - 13th April 2014

It's been a while since I posted on this blog, so I thought I'd start with a return to Highbury Hall. My last trip here was to view the hall in candle-light. This time, there was glorious sunlight.
The spring fayre brought out a wide collection of craft stalls, from fossil jewellery, preserves, aromatic soaps, the fabulous Brummie art of Robert Geoghegan to... well look a bit further down.
This was my first daylight visit to Highbury and I must return so that I can spend more time in the gardens and the nearby park.

 Arriving at the hall.

 Children's activities in the garden.



 The RSPB stall.

 The BBQ, (but when I returned for a burger, they'd closed)

 Civic dignitaries were present to entertain the kids.

Plenty of stalls in the main hall, and in every other room as well, except the library.

 More stalls on the gallery and adjoining rooms.


 One of my favourite stalls... ornaments and trinkets, the product of an assortment of materials and a vivid imagination. These unusual products are made by Alice of Red Fox Curiosity Workshop.

Alice will be displaying these at All Saints Church, Kings Heath on 31st May and Mozfest 5th July. Contact her on redfoxcuriosityworkshop AT gmail DOT com for more information.

On my way home, I stopped off at Dirty End to take a skyline pic of Birmingham city centre. The lovely old buildings in the foreground and the modern things in the background.